My goal as Selectman is to focus on issues that matter most to the people of Lexington. I am passionate about continuing to improve the areas that make Lexington a wonderful community for everyone who lives, works and visits here.
As a community, we are facing some significant challenges. We need strong leadership to rise to these challenges, and this requires the efforts of someone who has a proven track record of balancing diverse needs to deliver initiatives that benefit us all.
Below are some current issues relevant to our community:
- Our Board of Selectmen need to represent the community and the most effective way to accomplish this is to listen first.
- We need our citizens fully engaged so that they are invested in our community for the long term.
- Balancing the needs of all our citizens regardless of age or ethnic background.
COLLABORATIVE USE OF RESOURCES
- Sharing best practices between our schools and our municipality is one way to improve our efficiency, use our resources wisely, and avoid duplication of effort.
PROTECTING LEXINGTON'S UNIQUE HISTORY
- Preserving our traditions while welcoming new ones. Lexington holds a very unique place in American history. We must ensure that we continue these traditions for resident, businesses and visitors alike.
- Attracting new businesses to our downtown to make it thrive.
ADEQUATE SPACE FOR OUR CHILDREN
- Overcrowding in our schools is an issue that needs to be addressed quickly.
MODERNIZATION FOR PUBLIC SAFETY
- We need a state of the art police and fire station to meet the needs of today and tomorrow.